Best Tips For Professional Massage
There are many benefits that a good massage brings, relieves stress and pain, helps us relax, improves flexibility and body posture. So it is important to know how to offer a good massage. In this article we offer some basic tips to achieve the desired goal. If you want to know more information about massage tips, BlissonBliss will help you.
First, we must make sure that it is a good time to give a massage, abstaining if the patient has a fever or skin irritation.
Ideally, ask what areas of your body you would like to work with, what to avoid, if there is a massage technique you prefer, etc. In this way, the design of a session that adapts to the client’s needs and objectives can be improved.
We must create an atmosphere relaxed and warm, use scented candles and soothing music can significantly improve the session. It is also appropriate to set the room in which we will work with soft colours and dim lights without being overloaded with decoration.
We can use our body weight to avoid fatigue in the arms. A good massage is also based on the therapist’s position. To avoid uncomfortable friction and help the hands to slide easily, we can use a massage lotion , but we should not pour it directly on the client, but use it in our own hands.
We must also avoid pinching or grabbing the muscles. We can prevent this by keeping our fingers together and using the whole hand.
Types Of Massage
There are many types of massages and each one is used for a different thing. Here is a quick guide to the most common massages.
The Swedish massage. If you have never done massage, this is a good techniqueto start with. It involves using long, smooth strokes, alternating circular movements in the superficial layers of the muscle.
Aromatherapy. It is massage therapy with the use of one or more essential oils. You can select the right oils to relax, energise, reduce stress, etc. depending on the type of need.
Massage with hot stones. Volcanic stones are placed in certain points of the body to warm and relax the tense muscles and balance the energy centres.
Shiatsu. It is a Japanese massage technique, based on using finger pressure in a rhythmic sequence in acupuncture meridians. Each point is maintained for two to eight seconds to improve the flow of energy and help the body regain balance.
Prenatal massage. It is a type of massage performed during pregnancy, reduces stress, anxiety, reduces inflammation and also relieves pain and discomfort. In addition, this technique adapts to the individual needs of each woman.
Sport massage. These massages are for people who are involved in physical activity. The goal is not relaxation, but the prevention and treatment of injuries, as well as improving performance.
The massage table is an important piece of equipment for the therapist, since patient comfort depends on it. As we mentioned before, there are numerous types of massages and for each one there is the right stretcher.
To choose it, we must take into account some aspects of it, as Kironoa tells us, experts in the manufacture of massage tables:
- The width of the stretcher should be enough for all types of customers to feel comfortable in it and that it can allow him to offer an effective treatment without putting tension in his own body.
- The length of the stretcher is also important, since having the right one increases the comfort of the patient. Currently, many stretchers have removable supports to increase their length.
- The height is a requirement more for the therapist than for the client. The ideal height would be in which the specialist did not have to stoop to give the treatment, since this would be a nuisance. To solve this, there are stretchers with adjustable heights to adapt to your needs.
- Weight is a factor to consider if you are a therapist who moves. You can distinguish two types of weight, the work and the load.
- The work weight is the one that can support the massage table during the treatments, and the load is the weight of the stretcher itself.
As we already know, physiotherapists sometimes seem vigilant of the massages, always attentive in case the objective is a relaxing or therapeutic massage. In the latter case it would be appropriate to go to a health professional to carry out the treatment, without forgetting that the massages can be an excellent support for the healing of the injuries.