Tai Chi Qigong Shibashi Level 1
This course focuses on the Qigong practice of Shibashi. Included in the training are skills and knowledge that can be applied to many different styles of qigong. Those that do not intend to teach but would like to make qigong a part of their lives will also find this course very useful.
18 easy to learn accessible movements of Qigong. A simple yet profound practice for health and well-being. Can stand alone as a daily practice or complement your yoga, meditation and spiritual rituals.
2020 Training Dates
August 14 – Introduction
August 15 & 16 – Full Training
INTRODUCTION COST: $35
FULL TRAINING COST (early bird): $290
FULL TRAINING COST (after 31 October): $340
- Breakfast and lunch on Saturday & Sunday
- Filtered drinking water
**Workshops and spa treatments available at extra cost**
About Hoi An
UNESCO World Heritage
Hoi An is an exceptionally well-preserved example of a South-East Asian trading port dating from the 15th-19th century and gained recognition as a world heritage site in 1999. The contrast of the ancient port set against the colourful yellow old town provides a picturesque setting.
Hoi An is well known for its colourful lanterns that light up the old town at night. Even the canals surrounding the old town are lit up with floating lanterns. Each month they host a full moon festival where the entire old town turns off all the power and is lit only by lanterns.
The cafés in Hoi An are as diverse and unique as the travellers that pass through this town. You will find an endless array of charming restaurants and coffee shops to discover.
Rural Life & Rice Fields
Outside of the old town, you will find traditional rice paddies with cows and ducks grazing as well as fishermen in the tranquil waterways.
Multiple amazing Sandy beaches perfect for a relaxing day swimming.
Optional Individual Assessment
Those who intend to teach or would simply like to have individual attention should enroll in this assessment at the end of the workshop. The purpose of the assessment is to ensure that the student fully understands all the concepts and techniques covered in the workshop.
Prerequisites: Students must be able to recall and perform all 18 movements of Shibashi
Date & Time: Sunday December 29, 2019, 3pm – 5pm
What is Included?
- Perform the first set of Shibashi
- Demonstrate the different techniques learned during the course.
- Submit a video of you performing the movements from both the front view and the side view.
- Successfully complete a short quiz based on the information presented at the workshop and in the practice materials.
Please note your assessment process will be overseen by Master Sifu Wing Cheung of the Tai Chi and Feng Shui Institute.
Assessment Fee: US$75.00 (payable at workshop)
Please contact Linda Varnam firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any assistance.
In this course, students will learn:
• The first set of Shibashi. Including teaching tips for each movement.
• How to identify common mistakes and cue correct form.
• The 3 major types of qigong, namely the moving qigong, standing qigong and
• The theory of qi and how this applies in practice to Tai Chi Qigong Shibashi
• Qigong breathing techniques and relaxation exercises.
• The benefits of Tai Chi Qigong Shibashi from a physical, mental and spiritual
By the end of the course, students will know how to:
• Teach simple tips and cues to promote ease and relaxation for students.
• incorporate some simple yet powerful stances into Shibashi that enhance the
benefits of practice.
• modify movements for teaching diverse populations.
• Understand how to work with qi flow and share this knowledge practically with
• Feel confident to include Tai Chi Qigong Shibashi in your present teaching.
• Explain the benefits of Tai Chi Qigong Shibashi to your students and potential
Please contact Nomad Yoga for bookings or queries: email@example.com
The price does not cover travel to/from Hoi An.
We recommend the Hoi An Expats Facebook Group as a resource for finding long-term accommodations. If you need further assistance with finding accommodations, visa info or transportation please let us know.